Some boring, but necessary details.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.elloydowen.com is a site operated by Ed Lloyd Owen Photography (“We”). Our registered office at 71 ALBERT PALACE MANSIONS, LURLINE GARDENS, LONDON, SW11 4DQ.
ACCESSING OUR SITE AND REGISTRATION
Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Service we provide on our Site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. We aim to update our Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Site, or our entire Site, to users who have registered with us or not.
When using our Site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Site through your internet connection or password are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
If you suspect any unauthorised use of your account, user name or password, or of any known or suspected breach of security involving your account, you should as soon as possible, contact us so we may investigate and take such action as we, at our sole discretion, consider appropriate.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
If you wish to make any use of material on our Site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Where we provide interactive services, that is the ability for you to store and exchange information, photos, materials, files, ideas, comment or otherwise, use our blog facilities or any other interactive service offered by us we will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety onlin
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site (“Contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off copies of any page(s) from our Site for your personal reference.
You must not modify the paper copies of any materials you have printed off and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
OUR REFUNDS POLICY
If a Product is faulty or damaged when received by you please contact us first by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Such notification must be made within 7 days of receipt of the Products otherwise we will not accept any claims made. Upon us receiving the returned damaged or faulty Products we will examine the returned Product and if we agree with the damaged condition will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time.
We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund for the defective Product. Products returned by you because of a defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us.
We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
You agree to comply with our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are responsible for the security and use of your membership as set out in these terms.
You agree and warrant to us that all information given by you when you register with our Site or place an order for any Products is accurate and not misleading and that all details you provide to us for the purpose of setting up an account including the details of your credit or debit card, will be correct, that the credit or debit card which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facility to cover the cost of your purchase. We reserve the right to obtain confirmation of the validity of your credit or debit card details from any relevant financial services provider or credit reference agency.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to upload your Contributions and you warrant that the Contributions you upload will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. Your use of the internet in uploading Contributions shall be entirely at your own risk and subject to all applicable laws and regulations in force. We will not be responsible for any loss of your Contributions howsoever caused.
Anything you download in connection with the Services is downloaded and used by you at your own risk and you are solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of data which results from the download of any such material.
We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us through our Site is of satisfactory quality for which products of the kind are commonly supplied.
Colours shown in images on this Site are as accurate as possible but may vary slightly from the genuine article.
Due to the bespoke nature of the products you assume responsibility for Products being reasonably suitable for the purpose for which they are required.
The material displayed on our Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
Commentary and other materials posted on our Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We cannot guarantee that our Site will be compatible with your computer. We cannot guarantee, represent or warrant that downloading content or use of the Site will be successful, and we do not guarantee, represent or warrant that any such downloading or use will not cause damage to your computer, data, software, files or peripherals, and we will not be liable for any such damage caused by your use or downloading from our Site.
We have no control or supervision on the exchanged contents and online contents and cannot be held responsible for the same.
We shall not be liable for any loss of personal data.
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Site, the Services or Products purchased, or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
If we are liable to you for any reason, our liability will be limited to whichever the higher of the amount paid by you for the Services or the Products or any compensation for non-delivery or misdelivery you may receive from the Royal Mail or any other carrier we use.
- For death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- For any deliberate breaches of these Terms by us that would entitle you to terminate the contract between us.
- For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
All notices given by you to us must be given to Ed Lloyd Owen Photography at email@example.com.
We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified herein. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
If any provision or part of these terms and conditions is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We intend to rely upon these terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any Contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.
The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our Site.